Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Garage Sales of America

OK... so I stepped in it again. A female friend used a 'service' to register and host a number of URLs, one of which is GarageSalesofAmerica.com.

When she first approached me to reprogram the site I did a look-up on Network Solutions WHOIS and found that she was not the registered owner of the URL and tried to explain to her that these "Dollar-A-Month" services retain ownership of the URL.

She differed and pleaded with me so I did my thing, programmed a complete application with the database, intergration with Google Maps - well, a lot of bells and whistles.

I did the programming over the fourth of July weekend.

She has yet to move the URL to the new DNS.

An just a month later (as of August 6th, last Saturday) she wants to move in another direction.

All that code and effort for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment