Thursday, May 31, 2012

Digital Signatures - Value Added Taxes - Password Security

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job.

I know how lucky I am.  Most people go to work and during their day they focus on a small set of projects or a distinct range of tasks.  Which is great; people team up, do what they have to do and as a result they are productive.

In my position too I have a specific set of responsibilities, but in order to do them I have get to dive into areas of knowledge and educate myself in order to provide web application(s) that are more useful to those who need them.

For example, this morning I started by watching some refresher courses on Photoshop on Lynda.com with my morning coffee.

From there I had to brush-up on some regulation changes as they pertain to digital signature and how those changes might affect the application and our users (whitepaper to follow).

Following that I had to respond to some security concerns of one of our customers, and then I bounced to study the differences between the Value Added Tax laws between Canada, the Euopean Union in general and Italy.

And it's only 1 p.m.

I'll spend the afternoon writing code for the 4.0 release of our current software offering taking into account suggestions sent in from customers and the input from our advisory council.

I love the ability to challenge myself, learn about things I didn't know before and applying that knowledge into a tool that other use to do their range of projects and dedicated tasks. If I and my team do this right their projects will be a little less cumbersom and their tasks less 'tasking'.

Did I mention I loved my job?

No comments:

Post a Comment