Monday, May 21, 2012

Memorial Day 2012; Where Is Your Focus?

For the most part I'm a veteran of a period of our history identified as "The Cold War".

This experience gives me an appreciation for those who went before me and those who followed who gave their life to preserve the freedoms I have.

As we move towards this holiday weekend I would ask everyone to take a few moments and adjust their focus from the holiday aspect to the intent of the day which is to honor the men and women who have died to preserve freedom.

It is nice that communities set-up a statue and put names of these heros on a wall, but how often do we look at the statues and not the names?

Take a moment and adjust your focus. Incorporate a few of the names into your moments of reflection.




No comments:

Post a Comment