Saturday, May 19, 2012

One Man Boat Race

I purchased a new camera this week and have viewed some of the online courses on Lynda.com in photography and thought I would go out this weekend and try some of the things the courses pointed out.

I had always been intrested in the hobby. For a short period of time I was an Army Journalist (71Q) and then worked for the Taylorsville Times for a couple of years where we had to take and develop the photos for the stories Lee Sharpe sent us out to cover.

I wanted something of intrest to take pictures of so I go onto the Internet to the Eisenhour Park calendar of events and saw that the model boat club was going to have a race.

I thought great, fathers with sons, model boats, a nice spring morning. Should prove to be a nice subject to play around with exposure times, shutter speed, all those things I had viewed on the instructional videos.

At dawn I start headed toward the park. I wanted to get the sun rising and actually got a few neat shots with the beams of the early morning light reflecting off train tracks, burning the dew off the grass on a golf course and some others I'll post later.

But the boat race was a bit dissapointing.

Only one guy showed up.  So I guess at the end of the day I got pictures of the winning boat.






No comments:

Post a Comment